Digital and Social Media Strategies
Our guest Vicki McLeod is a consultant, personal and business coach, trainer and writer. In the past two years she has trained and mentored more than 130 businesses province-wide in marketing, branding and how to consciously use digital and social media strategies.
Main Street Communications Ltd., Vicki’s company that is owned by her and her husband Ian, is a strategic planning and communications firm based in Greater Vancouver, Canada. In 2013 Main Street was shortlisted by Small Business BC as one of the Top 5 Online Marketers in the province and founder Vicki McLeod was an RBC Women of Influence nominee as a Canadian Woman Entrepreneur of the Year for 2014 & 2015. She was honored as 2014 Business Leader of the Year in Main Street’s home community of Maple Ridge B.C., Canada.
In this episode we discuss…
- Why great writing is a key to success in the marketing world
- How being aligned with who you really are helps with your marketing sales
- And what it means to # UNTREND
- “Don’t delay your dream”
- “The client wants what you have to offer them or they would have hired someone else. Be true to who you are.”
- “The Internet never forgets”
- “I always favour hope”
- “With our social media posts are we contributing to more fear in the world or are we contributing to more help in the world?”
- “If we’re going to spend so much time on social media, let’s do it in a way that’s meaningful”
- “Fun has meaning too.”
- “One of the ways you can cut through the digital noise is by creating meaning”
Selected links form this episode..
- TOMS Shoes
- Main Street Communications
- Vicki McLeod Instagram
- Vicki McLeod Facebook
- #UNTRENDING: A Field Guide to Social Media That Matters
P.S. Be sure and check us out on iTunes as we begin to post episodes of the BRAND NEW Jelly Marketing Podcast