Kemp is the Director of Marketing at Freshgrade. Kemp’s career path has taken him through BCIT and Hootsuite.
FreshGrade is a globally available platform of easy-to-use free apps for teachers, parents, and students to document and communicate student learning. Learn more at FreshGrade.com.
FreshGrade is also an awesome team of passionate people building the learning collaboration system that is part of an evolution in education and it was founded to make learning visible in 2012 in Kelowna, BC, Canada.
In this episode…
- Kemp’s early marketing experience at the BCIT – or… teaching Twitter to PhD’s
- Making viral YouTube videos and translated Pirate Bay posts
- How Kemp ended up working with HootSuite
- HootSuite Values: Build a better way, Passion in all we do, Respect the Individual, Lead with humility.
- What it’s like to start out in digital marketing today
- Snapchat and choosing social media platforms that work for your audience
- Freshgrade – Building Facebook for education
- The importance of building community
- Kemp’s marketing strategy for growing Freshgrade
- Kemp shares a marketing flop
Kemp Edmonds – Freshgrade. Photo: HootSuite
- “Remember in your marketing efforts that the sequence is ready, aim, fire.”
- “Be aware of how your emails luck on a mobile device. Be really clear with your instructions if you include a download.”
- “Be helpful. Create value for your target audience.”
Selected links from this episode
- Book: Essentialism
- Intercom, and Slack, Rogers NHL Game Centre
- Charity Water, We.org
- Twitter: @kempedmonds, Email: Kemp@kempedmonds.com
P.S. Be sure and check us out on iTunes as we begin to post episodes of the BRAND NEW Jelly Marketing Podcast. Also find us on Google Play