Have you ever wondered if social media marketing can really make a difference for your business? With the right social media strategy in place, social media marketing can help your business generate awareness, establish relationships with your customers or clients, and drive interested, qualified leads to your website!
And if that’s not awesome enough, having a strong social media presence allows you to build out a comprehensive digital marketing plan that can include PR and digital advertising that reaches Vancouver, British Columbia, or wherever your market is.
So how do we do it?
We start with data.
Building an effective social media strategy begins by clearly identifying and understanding the following data points:
- Your business goals and KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators)
- Your current analytics. This could include social media analytics if you already have active platforms. It also includes Google analytics which helps us understand your active audience
Once we understand your goals and can link those with measurable KPI’s, we can build out a social media strategy to help achieve those goals while reaching your ideal online audience.
A strong social media strategy is developed around the rule of thirds. What is the rule of thirds? It breaks down like this:
- ⅓ of your social media content is centered around your brand. It promotes your business, your website, your services and contains strong CTA’s (Calls to Action)
- ⅓ of your social media content includes ideas, insights, news stories and personal interest stories from bloggers, thought leaders, and like-minded individuals who may or may not directly be linked to your industry, but who represent it well.
- ⅓ of your social media content is developed around the personality of your brand. That may include fostering client/consumer relationships, sharing impactful success stories, or running creative contests.
While it may seem counterintuitive to share the content from another brand or thought leader, the pro’s far outweigh the cons.
Sharing social media content from sources outside of your own business and/or blog can help you:
- Increase exposure for your brand through cross promotion. Friendly shout-outs can help expose your business to a new audience.
- Demonstrate your confidence. By sharing content you communicate that your business is solid - solid enough to share a bit of the industry spotlight.
- Establish your business as a well-informed thought leader. By staying engaged in hot or popular topics, you show that you’re on top of industry trends.
- Establish your social media platforms as a reliable resource. Your audience will build confidence in your knowledge and being to turn for you for answers and support.
- Keep your content fresh and interesting. Keep your audience engaged by sharing interesting content from other compelling voices in the field.
Once your social media strategy is set, it’s time to start curating content, developing organic content, and most importantly, measuring your results!
With social media as the number one reason people go online nowadays, there’s no underestimating its importance and value to your business. A strong, well-developed social media strategy should be an essential part of every business’s digital marketing plan.
Drop us a line if you’d like help strategizing your social media content!