Reading Time: ~3 Mins | Written By: Mackenzie Mowat
If you’re looking to get your brand out there, you need to be engaging. That’s why we’ve put together this list of top B2B engagement methods that will help you reach the right audience and grow your network.
Send monthly newsletters! The average B2B business sends three to four emails per month, and most companies send more than 10. Here are a couple tips to keep in mind:
- Include a call to action in your monthly newsletter that encourages readers to get more information about a product or service and/or sign up for an upcoming event. This is where you will be able to convert some of your subscribers into leads, which will help you grow your database of potential customers and increase sales opportunities in the future.
- Make it easy for people who no longer wish to receive emails from you (or have unsubscribed) by offering an easy way for them to get off your mailing list by including an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every message. This way they won’t accidentally miss it while reading through the content provided within your newsletter.
2. Link Sharing
Link sharing is the process of taking advantage of other people’s content in order to get your brand’s name out there. This can also be done through social media and is a great way to build relationships with other businesses and organizations on a professional level.
The best way to use link sharing is by providing value to someone else’s content. You should never ask for a backlink in return for simply linking back—this will only result in getting blacklisted by Google and other search engines, who don’t like spammy behavior. If you are willing to provide some value (such as writing an article or making a video) then you may be able to secure links that way instead.
3. Free + Affordable Resources
There are a number of tools you can use to help you better manage your website, social media, email marketing and more. These tools can be free or affordable enough for the average business owner to take advantage of.
- Social media management software: This is an excellent tool for managing all your social profiles from one place. You can easily schedule posts, monitor comments and mentions and get detailed analytics on who is engaging with your content. We love Hootsuite for this.
- Website management software: It’s important that someone in your organization is managing day-to-day updates to your website so it stays fresh and relevant. This type of tool makes it easy to add new products or services through simple drag-and-drop functionality as well as update existing content on the fly without having to go through IT first (which may not always be quick enough).
4. Digital Credentials
Digital credentials are the proof of your expertise and they are meant to be shared and seen. Obtaining and sharing digital credentials will help drive impressions and therefor traffic to your website. Take the opportunity to create a landing page for each of your certifications so potentials earners can see the badge and the skills it represents. This is just one other way to build recognition within your industry while also strategically allowing for greater traffic to your site.
5. Be Engaging
In order to get your brand out there, you need to be engaging. Engaging content is more than just a well-written article or a beautifully designed image—it’s something that makes people keep coming back for more. Engaging your audience with useful information and resources they can use in their day-to-day lives is key to getting them interested in what you have to say. After all, without engaging content, who will know what makes this company different from the others?
Engagement tools are also an important part of the process: these can be used for anything from tracking how many people visit your website every month (Google Analytics) or watching who buys which products at which stores (Shopify).
We hope these tips have inspired you to get more creative with your content and engaging with your B2B audiences. Be sure to keep an open mind when brainstorming new ways for people to interact with your brand online and off! Need more marketing inspiration for your business? Get in touch today to book a marketing audit or consulting session for January!