Matthew Luhn is an accomplished storyteller, instructor, story consultant, and keynote speaker with over 20 years’ experience creating stories and characters at Pixar Animation Studios. Along with working at Pixar, Matthew has been training CEO’s, Directors, and other professionals how to craft and tell stories for Fortune 500 companies, Academy Award winning movies, and corporate brands grossing billions of dollars worldwide.
Matthew’s story credits include Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3, Monsters Inc., Monsters University, Finding Nemo, UP, Cars, Ratatouille and other films and TV shows currently in development.
In this episode we discuss…
- What it was like to see his work come to life on the big screen
- The elements of a great story
- The power being authentic with your audience
Guest: Matthew Luhn
- “Make sure the stories you tell are authentic… something you care about… something you are passionate about…”
- “We’re here to put a dent in the universe.” – Steve Jobs
- A good story hook – “Can you break it down in one sentence? If you can’t describe your idea as simply as possible, you don’t know what it’s about yet.”
Selected Links from this episode…
P.S. Be sure and check us out on iTunes as we begin to post episodes of the BRAND NEW Jelly Marketing Podcast