Gabe Mederos from Telus
Gabe is a Social Media and PR professional with over 15 years of experience in corporate, not-for-profit and government.
His work history has seen him hold senior communications roles in organizations such as Purolator, Nestlé Purina PetCare and the Region of Peel.
Gabe is a University of Toronto graduate and recently achieved certification in Strategic Social Media Management from the Social Media Marketing University. Currently a Senior Communications Manager, Social Media with TELUS, Gabe leads strategic social media initiatives, including TELUS Days of Giving, WE Day and platforms, such as the TELUS Blog. He is currently also a Continuing Education Instructor for Humber College’s Social Media certificate program.
8 Advanced Social Media Tips
- How social media is constantly evolving and what to do to stay on top of all of the changes
- The importance of networking and rubbing shoulders with representatives from companies such as Facebook, Google, Twitter and others
- Telling your company’s story through social media and how Gabe does it for Telus
- Why work with social media influencers
- Monitoring what you do on social
- How to handle the negativity about your company that inevitably pops up on social media
- How to decide what social media platforms to adopt
- Talking about what you love on your own social media accounts
Selected links from this episode
One of the site’s Gabe goes to stay current – Mashable
Where we met Gabe! – Canadian Internet Marketing Conference
Gabe’s favorite app HootSuite
Gabe is on Snapchat
Gabe’s life and Internet hack – If this then that